Pictured above, Vince Gironda was one of the most famous bodybuilding coaches of the twentieth-century, admired and sought after by both bodybuilders and the lay public alike. For decades, Vince went against the exercising mainstream with his radical and outspoken views.
That Vince consistently got results was all the proof he needed that his methods were sound. In today’s blogpost, we’ll look at Vince’s ten bodybuilding commandments for building a chiseled and muscular physique. Like all other things Gironda, they’re direct and effective.
1. Never mix protein fat, and carbohydrates at the same meal. They do not digest in the same medium.
2. Cut out all food and diet drinks containing salt or sodium nitrates. Sodium retains excess water in the tissues and subcutaneous fat.
3. Stay away from or eliminate refined sugar.
4. Do not drink water during workouts or with meals Water is a weight gaining substance
5. Fats are desirable and combined with protein help emulsify bodyfat and provide energy
6. Half and half cream contains almost no carbohydrates and provides much desired bodybuilding nutrition. Throw away skim milk and homogenized milk.
7. Eggs are the best source of inexpensive protein. Use the best – fertile eggs.
8. Carbohydrates mixed with protein turn to fat. Carbohydrates only turn to fat. Start counting grams of carbohydrates. Forget counting calories.
9. Stress or hyperactivity will not allow you to digest food properly, destroying muscle tissue. Eat slowly and put energy into your life.
10. Cigarette smoking will cause restriction of the capillary system you are trying to build, making muscle gains difficult.