The following post comes from the immensely talented Erny Peibst of jackednatural.com. If you’re looking for advice on the best natural supplements to take or simply a review of the latest training trends, I highly recommend it.
But how good really were these guys?
And more importantly…who was the best bodybuilder ever?
If you’ve decided to become a bodybuilder, you owe it to yourself to know who the king of this sport was.
But the answer to this question all depends on how you define the ‘best bodybuilder ever’.
Here’s a few ways to judge who the best bodybuilder of all time is:
- Who won the most Mr Olympia titles
- Who’s made the most impact on the sport
- The most aesthetic guy
- The biggest and most shredded guy of all
The most Mr Olympia titles – Lee Haney and Ronnie Coleman (8x)
Who had the biggest impact on bodybuilding – Arnold Schwarzenegger. He was the star in Pumping Iron. If you haven’t already seen it, order it off amazon…like straight after you finish reading this article, it’s amazing.
The most aesthetic Mr Olympia – Arnold, Franco Columbo, Frank Zane or Lee Haney.
The biggest & most shredded: Ronnie Coleman or Phil Heath.
So it depends how you interpret the question ‘who is the best bodybuilder ever’.
However, Arnold Schwarzenegger is regarded by many as the greatest ever.
- He won 7 Sandow trophies
- He changed the world’s opinion on bodybuilding; from being disgusted to intrigued.
- He built one of the greatest physiques of all time. Huge mass with a tiny waist – a look that’s still highly coveted by gym rats to this day (50 years later).
Arnie sounds like a worthy choice to me.
However, for entertainment purposes I’m going to select the top 5 bodybuilders of all time, and put them on stage against each other.
…So you can decide for yourself!